March 8, 2012

Issue with Mount-SPContentDatabase PowerShell Command

Today I came across this interesting issue with the PowerShell Command Mount-SPContentDatabase:

Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name [DBName] -WebApplication http://WebAppUrl -UpdateUserExperience


Issue


The command ran fine, the issue that I found was that a new copy of the content database was created, but this time with the [] brackets!


Solution


To fix this issue, I removed the brackets and everything worked just fine!


Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name DBName -WebApplication http://WebAppUrl -UpdateUserExperience

No comments:

Post a Comment